Quickly Understand Your Reservoir
Reservoir models are getting larger and more complex, and the need for effective analysis and communication is becoming vitally important.
盈彩彩票Tecplot RS helps you manage and analyze large amounts of reservoir simulation data, uncover knowledge about reservoir model behavior, and communicate your results to colleagues and management with professional images and animations.
Tecplot RS is specifically designed to streamline processes so that engineers get to their answers in just a few mouse clicks. Learn how to use “smart views” in Tecplot RS with these tutorials: Stamp Plot, History Match Bubble Plot and Recovery Map.
盈彩彩票“Tecplot RS differs from other visualization packages on the market in several ways. Tecplot RS is easy to use, offers more capabilities, and produces better-quality images, both on screen and hardcopy.” – James Gilman, Director of Engineering at
Quickly Validate Your Results
When you have finished running a reservoir simulation, you must be able to quickly validate your results, and make crucial decisions about your model. Visualization and analysis tools are crucial in the simulation workflow to help you fully understand your model.
Working closely with the reservoir engineers over the past 15 years, our team has carefully studied typical reservoir simulation workflows. We have designed Tecplot RS specifically to streamline processes so that you get to your answers in just a few mouse clicks.
Gain Crucial Insights through Powerful Analysis
Important information extracted from your model can give you fresh insights about reservoir behavior, leading to new discoveries. Tecplot RS has built in statistical analysis tools that pull out detailed reservoir model characteristics, for example, integrating the total oil in place for a grid solution. High quality graphics allow you to view your reservoir from many different perspectives.
Load Simulation Data from Many Sources
Efficient methods for loading large data sets and an and easy-to-use interface help you quickly access the views you need to comprehend your data. As a full data visualization and analysis tool, Tecplot RS is compatible with many different sources of data. This industry compatibility makes it easy to standardize your results. It also facilitates cross team communication throughout the organization.
Responsive Technical Support
- Take advantage of new software releases twice per year. See what’s new in the latest release.
- Get response from our technical support team in one business day or less.
- Get help with installation, troubleshooting and workflow issues specific to your workplace.
- View Tecplot RS videos.
盈彩彩票Customer advisory council members (made up of our largest customers) have direct influence on the new feature design in Tecplot RS. Consulting with leaders in the oil and gas industry keeps us in sync with current issues in the industry.
The Tecplot RS Solution
盈彩彩票Tecplot RS is an all-in-one XY, 2D and 3D solution. This one tool helps your team easily organize data results, have confidence in model predictions, collaborate across teams and communicate results to management. A short learning curve, full technical support and free online training, helps your team get up and running quickly.
Tecplot RS May 2020 Beta
Key Frame Animations
Key Frame Animations allow users to easily animate a smooth progression through two or more specified views (key frames) and export them as an AVI or MP4. Users can zoom, rotate, and translate in these animations. This tool can be used to create reservoir “fly over” movies or even first person animations which scan the inside of the reservoir.
To access this dialog, select View > Key Frame Animation. From there, you can start creating animations.
Requires customer account login
Tecplot RS 2019 R1
Advances in reservoir simulation give a more accurate electronic representation of the full reservoir structure and fluid behavior. Fully understanding the trends throughout this data means extracting more meaning from post-simulation workflows.
盈彩彩票Tecplot RS customers have asked for the capability to display trends along a well path, whether the path is vertical, horizontal or deviated. This functionality will help them better understand how reservoir properties, such as pressure, are changing along that path.
盈彩彩票New in Tecplot RS 2019 R1 is the Well Path capability. Now you can interactively choose wells to see the well-path trend data. Activating the Well Path toggle (from the Tecplot RS sidebar) and clicking on any well will display a plot of the selected grid variable vs. well path distance in the quick frame.
Highlights of this release
The new Well Path feature in Tecplot RS lets users easily plot grid-solution values along any well path (regardless of orientation). With the new Well Path toggle (now accessible from the Tecplot RS sidebar) activated, click on any well, and the plot of the selected grid variable vs. well path distance will be displayed on the quick frame. Users have the option of changing the Y axis from well path distance to vertical depth.
Enhanced Modify Wells Dialog
This dialog has always been a valuable tool to help users create new well trajectories and modify existing well paths for simulator input, but the dialog has never been easy to use. The enhancements made to this dialog make it more user-friendly and adds some useful functionality as well.
The well node information for each well has been moved to an interactive spreadsheet format. For existing wells that are read in from the simulator, users can interactively make changes to well trajectories and export the resulting changes in a format that can be read by your simulator. Survey wells that were imported during grid loads will be displayed here as well.
The process of creating new wells is easier and even a bit more interactive now. Users can manually enter the well node data for the new well in the spreadsheet.
There are also tools available such as “Probe to Add Nodes” and “Add Series of Nodes” which make this process easier. The Modify Wells dialog can be accessed by going to Data > Sim Input > Wells.
CMG SR3 Reader Update
盈彩彩票We now read the newer CMG SR3 format. To load in this data, users will key off of the *.sr3 extension which you’ll see listed as a supported file type in the CMG loader.
The full “quick” menu in the sidebar contains many useful functions, including the new “well path” toggle. The sidebar has been reconfigured to make the “quick” menu workflows more efficient. Here are highlights of the changes:
“Quick XY” toggle has been rebranded to “Time/ History.”
“Quick RFT” toggle has been rebranded to “Depth.”
“Well Path” toggle has been added.
Users are now able to activate both Histogram and Cross Plot simultaneously.
Well and Cell Probe
For Time/History and Depth functions, a user has always been able to probe well data by ctrl-clicking on a well, or a left mouse click on a well to probe cell data. Users can now interactively activate these modes by choosing the appropriate icon to the left of the “quick” menu. The cursor will give the user a visible indication on what mode they are in (cell probe or well probe).
See all Updates, Enhancements and Bug Fixes
Windows requires installation be run as administrator.
Windows 7, 10
Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.5
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED) 11.3
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, 14.04 LTS
|2GHz (64-bit) Processor
500 MB Disk Space and 4 GB RAM
Minimum Display Resolution of 1280 x 960
OpenGL accelerated graphics card
For more information, please read our .
Operating System Support
|Tecplot aims to support desktop operating systems (Windows, RedHat, SLED, Ubuntu) that are under standard maintenance by their manufacturers, and are available at the time of the release of a Tecplot product. Tecplot does not guarantee, but may choose to support, platforms which are under an extended support policy, such as Windows “Extended Support” or RedHat’s “Extended Life-cycle Support.”|
- Automatically determine and display match factors for multiple simulation runs.
- Compare data from multiple runs with historical well data.
- Use delta bubbles to identify regions where the simulation over/under predicts.
- Modify properties for selected regions and output for subsequent runs.
- Use cross plots to observe relationships between data.
- Use histograms to observe distribution of data.
- Calculate new variables from existing variables.
- Integrate solutions over selected ranges.
Multiple Data Sets
- Load and manage multiple data sets for comparison plots.
- Load and append data from numerous sources.
- Remove data sets that are no longer needed.
- View percentage change relative to initial condi- tions with Recovery Map.
- Load and display inactive cells.
- Interactively select groups of cells to isolate or remove.
- Save customized color legends for each grid variable.
- Display grid variable as distinct value per cell or smoothly varying.
- Customize all text and style elements of each plot.
- Use ternary coloring to display oil, water, and gas saturations.
- Display differences between grid solutions.
- Superimpose bubble plots of well production and injection data.
- Use Delta bubbles to display difference between two well data sets.
- View production data and grid solution data together using Stamp Plot.
3D Grid Plots
- Generate 3D images of the simulation grid solutions.
- Display 3D perspective and orthographic views with light source shading.
- Rotate, translate, and zoom with mouse buttons to focus on a particular region.
- View internal 3D features like well trajectories and iso-surfaces.
- Cut away or isolate regions of the reservoir or to just show the cells along a well path.
- Create “Fence” plots from multiple intersecting grid layers, multiple x, y or z slices, or a set of arbitrary slices.
- Display fault surfaces.
- Evaluate user-specified “survey” wells.
- Sum or average properties over grid layers.
2D Grid Plots
- Examine the simulation solution, layer by layer.
- Quickly step through grid layers for aerial and cross-section views.
- Display grid layers in physical or index coordinates.
- Interactively translate and zoom on the image.
- Display wells and local grid refinements as they appear in each layer.
- Display fault lines.
- View the time history of reservoir data.
- Create 2D and 3D views for specific simulation times.
- Animate or step forwards and backwards through a time sequence to observe changes in the solution variables.
- Create and share movies showing saturation fronts, pressure changes, and other recurrent grid properties.
- Display the difference between current values and a user-selected reference time.
- Animate RFT plots through all timesteps.
- Access all features with macro commands.
- Create and run macros interactively to repeat sets of views for new data sets.
- Create and edit macro scripts to batch process data from multiple simulation runs.
- ECLIPSE, CHEARS, VIP/Nexus, CMG (SR2 and SR3 formats), VDB, FrontSim, 3DSL, UTCHEM, and SENSOR®, GRDECL, INTERSECT RESQML (explicit grids only).
- Historical rate, RFT, and observed well pressure data.
- VDB database format for VIP/NEXUS simulators.
- Streamline solution data from the VDB format.
- Streamlines from streamline simulators like FrontSim and 3DSL.
- User-created ASCII files or CSV.
- ASCII RFT files from VIP Simulator.
- Load multiple simulation and observed data files in one operation.
- Create project files to load all data files and plot style information.
- Load and load-on-demand to manage large data files.
- Update plot data while simulator is still running.
- Translate and rotate the grid to new coordinates.
- Load the difference between two solutions for the same grid, normalize data.
- Temporarily fix x-axis to chosen range with Zoom Lock.
- Compare data from multiple simulator runs with historical well data and normalize differences.
- Plot data for multiple wells or multiple variables in each graph.
- Compare multiple variables in each graph using one or more Y-axes.
- Plot data using time or another variable as independent variable.
- Customize the colors, sizes, patterns and fonts of each graph and save the style settings for reuse.
- Rapidly step through plots of field, region, group, well, completion, branch, segment and cell data.
- Use special plot types for completion profiles and RFT data.
- Sort and filter well lists using alphanumeric or performance criteria.
- Automatically sum or average data for selected sets of wells.
- Add geologic layers and annotations as background to RFT plots.
- Specify spacing of major and minor markers for the axes of XY plots.
Multiple Plots Per Page
- Arrange multiple plots on one page to quickly view data for numerous wells, variables, and data sets.
- Use default settings to view sets of variables or well plots on one page.
- Customize ‘standard’ sets of plots for viewing producers, injectors, or groups of wells.
- Combine XY graphs and 2D and 3D grid views on one page.
- Click wells to display XY graphs of production and RFT data with grid plots.
- Click cells to display time histories of grid data with grid plots.
- Include a histogram of grid properties.
- Display side-by-side views of matrix and fracture solutions for dual porosity runs.
- Interactively create pages of customized XY plots and save as a project for future editing and viewing.
- Output selected data for further analysis or input to simulations.
- Output data from selected XY plots to CSV file.
- Use blanking options to select cells to output.
- Output selected cell variables for user- selected times.
- Output cell data along well paths.
- Modify properties and output selected cells to ASCII file for most simulator-specific formats.
- Define a sector, by specifying grid index ranges, and select and output grid properties for that vector.
- View streamlines to more fully understand flow paths in the reservoir.
- Display streamlines based on well pairs and arrival time.
- Control the percentage of streamlines to display.
- Combine streamlines with grid-based solutions.
- Color streamlines based on a solution variable.
- Use formats compatible with FrontSim, 3DSL, VDB.
Whether you’re a single user or you’re supporting an international team of engineers, Tecplot licensing gives you flexible and cost-effective options. We offer several commercial license types to fit any size and kind of organization. We also have academic licensing.
- Call Tecplot at 800.763.7005 or 425.653.1200
- Email email@example.com
盈彩彩票Technical support is offered to license holders who have a current TecPLUS™ subscription for software releases delivered in the current year and the past two calendar years. Installation-only support is offered to license holders who do not have a current TecPLUS™ subscription for software releases delivered in the current year and the past two calendar years.
Q: How can I get a license key needed to run Tecplot software?
Single-user licenses for Tecplot software released in 2016 or later can be activated with an Activation Code. The Activation Code is provided to you when you purchase or renew your TecPLUS service for a single-user license. Once the Tecplot installation has finished, you will be asked to enter in the Activation Code on your first start-up.
A license key file is required to run Tecplot Software released before 2016, Network licenses, or if you do not have an internet connection.
Q: Do I need to install my license key after I receive it?
盈彩彩票Current Tecplot network licenses require an installation of a Reprise License Manager (RLM). Single-user Tecplot licenses do not.
Q: How do I install my license key after I receive it?
After you install your software, you will need to activate it.
Instructions are available in the activation_instructions.html盈彩彩票 file located in the directory where Tecplot is installed.
Complete details about Tecplot Licensing are available in the Installation Guide for your product. This is located in the Doc folder where Tecplot is installed and on our website documentation.
Q: I installed the trial version, do I need to uninstall it before installing my purchased version?
You do not need to uninstall the trial version. The installation of Tecplot software remains the same regardless of the license type.
Q: If I want to install Tecplot software on a new computer, is a new license key required?
The answer depends on which type of license you have.
If you have a single-user license, use your Activation Code to run Tecplot software on up to 3 computers. If you are not using an Activation code, you will need a new license key to migrate your Tecplot software to a new computer.
If you do not have a current TecPLUS service, please read our Support Policy.
盈彩彩票If you have a network license, you will not need a new license key. Install your software on the new computer, choose the network install mode, and include your license server name when prompted. Your software should run successfully as long as your license manager is set up correctly.
Q: Can multiple versions of Tecplot software be run on the same computer?
盈彩彩票Yes, multiple versions of Tecplot software can run on the same computer. Similarly, Tecplot 360, Tecplot Focus, Tecplot RS can be run on the same computer.
Q: Can Tecplot 360, Tecplot Focus, and Tecplot RS be run on the same computer?
Yes, the products can run on the same computer without conflicting with each other.
Q: Can Tecplot Software be run on a virtual machine?
盈彩彩票With a network license, Tecplot software can be run on a virtual machine.
A single-user license key does not allow running on a virtual machine. If you need to use Tecplot software on a virtual machine with a single-user license, please email Technical Support to discuss your situation.
Q: Where do I download the latest software version?
盈彩彩票Visit our Customer Portal, My Tecplot at the link in the top menu to access software downloads.
Q: How can I get started using Tecplot RS?
You can start using Tecplot RS by opening the application and loading the sample files provided to see what a plot can look like.
- Open Tecplot RS
- Load example files
- Click the Load XY Data or Load Grid Data button on the toolbar (or choose Load XY Data or Load Grid Data from the Project menu) to open a loading dialog.
- In the Load XY Data or Load Grid Data dialog, Click the Browse button
- Navigate to the examples folder included in your installation (by default on Windows platforms, this folder installs to C:\Program Files\Tecplot\TecRS 2019 R1\examples\). Use the year and version number of your software for the correct directory.
- If you chose to load XY data, choose a unified summary file (*.unsmry), such as chelan.unsmry, to load. Tecplot RS will load that file as well as its related files.
- If you chose to load grid data, choose a grid file (*.grid), such as chelan.grid, to load. Tecplot RS will load that file as well as its related files.
- Use the tools in the toolbar to experiment with the plot.
For other questions and to learn how to use Tecplot RS to its fullest extent, we recommend referring to the product documentation盈彩彩票, especially the Tecplot RS User’s Manual. You can also view this information by choosing Tecplot RS Help from the Help menu.
Q: My license key is not accepted as valid even though I have a valid license. What do I do?
This means that your license key file may not be valid. Please email Technical Support
Q: Where can I get more specific technical support?
» Tecplot’s Support page盈彩彩票 has a complete list of technical support options.
Q: How much will it cost to upgrade to the newest version if I renew my license?
For customers with a current TecPLUS service, there is no charge to upgrade from an earlier version of Tecplot software. If your TecPLUS has expired, you can request a renewal.