You have arrived at a one-stop shop for getting started with Tecplot 360. Technical Support is available to help you install your software get up and running with your data and workflows. If you need help at any time as your work through this material, email your questions to email@example.com.
Step 1: Collecting Your Training Resources
- Download Tecplot 360 for FREE
- Install Tecplot 360 and activate your license.
- Get a basic overview by reading , especially Chapters 1 & 2.
- Download the Getting Started Bundle, which has all the data used in our video tutorials.
Step 2: Loading Your Data
Tecplot 360 Supports the Following Data Formats
- 盈彩彩票 Formats: ANSYS, CFX, CGNS, Ensight, FLUENT (.cas, .dat), FLOW-3D, HDF5, OpenFOAM, PLOT3D, Tecplot (.szplt, .plt), TRIX, VTK (.vtu, .vtm)
- Data Formats: Comma- or space-deliminted ASCII, Excel (Windows only), HDF
- FEA Formats: ABAQUS, ANSYS, FIDAP Neutral, LSTC/DYNA input file, LSTC/DYNA, MSC/NASTRAN, MSC/Patran, PTC/Mechanica, SDRC/IDEAS universal, 3D Systems STL
Working with Tecplot File Types (Videos)
- Learn the differences between Tecplot DAT, PLT and SZPLT Data File Formats »
- Converting your data to SZL (.szplt) file format using Preplot and SZL Convert »
Step 3: Exploring Your Data
盈彩彩票The four video series below walk you through how to work with key features and data files. Similar step-by-step tutorial instructions are written up in our PDF .
External Flow Series
The External Flow series covers loading data, producing a basic plot, slicing, streamtraces, iso-surfaces, probing, and comparing simulated and experimental data, including normalizing the data. These videos use data from the Onera M6 wing model. The five videos in the series include:
Transient Data Series
盈彩彩票 The Transient Data series uses a wind turbine data set with 127 time steps to understand how transient (time-based) data is structured. The five videos cover how to produce animated contour plots, extract data over time for analysis, and calculate additional variables.
- Introduction to Transient Data
- Understanding Transient Data Through Extractions
- Fourier Transforms
- Calculating Variables and Using Contour Color Cutoff
- Frame Linking
Comparing Grids Series
The Comparing Grids series walks through comparing different datasets with the same grid in both Tecplot 360 and Tecplot Chorus. The third video compares two data sets with differing meshes. Video titles include:
- Comparing Grids in Tecplot 360
- Comparing Grids in Tecplot Chorus
- Interpolation of Differing Meshes
Finite Element Analysis (FEA) Series
盈彩彩票 This video series uses a transient FEA dataset of a connecting rod created with LSDYNA. The series shows progressive techniques for visualizing the maximum Von Mises Stress of the rotating rod. Video titles include:
- Identifying Regions of Maximum Stress
- Data Alter using IF Conditions
- Extracting Maximum Stress Using Macros